Welcome to The First National Bank of Odon.
News and Updates
- New FNBO Debit Card Fraud Systems: The First National Bank is always making changes to how we protect our customers and their accounts. As part of that ongoing process we have implemented new detection systems to alert you and us of potentially fraudulent translations. Below is a helpful review of how these alerts might occur and how you would be notified. If you have any questions or issues with your debit card, please call the Bank. If the Bank is closed and you have lost your debit card, please call our automated hotline 800-528-2273 for reporting your card lost or stolen. Click on this link Debit Card Help to see how these alerts might happen and what you should do when you receive one.
- This is a broadcast alert to all FNBO customers. We have gotten several reports that our customers are receiving a "Fraud Alert" call from telephone number 276-644-0073. This is NOT from FNBO and is a fishing scam to gain your personal info.
- DO NOT answer the call nor provide any details about yourself or your accounts.
- If you did respond to this call and provide any personal details or account information, give us a call as soon as possible. If you did not respond then their is no concern.
- Online Banking Service Team, First National Bank of Odon
- New statement envelopes! Starting August 28th, all FNBO account statements will be mailed in a 9.5" inch by 4.5" inch #10 envelope. The statement contents have not been modified and will appear just as they do now. The new envelope will better protect our customer's privacy with improved bleed through prevention, more durable paper, and lower delivery failure by using a standard envelope size. If you have any questions or concerns about the new envelope please give us a call.
- Anytime Access Upgrade On July 13th, our Anytime Access 24 hour voice response system will be updated. The updated version will operate significantly different from our current system. If you have used the system to check our account in the last 6 months, you will receive a letter in the mail on or after July 11th. You will need this letter to access the system as it will contain new information about logging in that is specific to each customer. If you have questions after getting the letter or when trying to access the new system, please give us a call.
- Mobile App is coming!!! We are in the process of launching an Apple iOS and Google Android app in the next few months!!! Soon you will be able to access all your accounts where ever you are and manage your money. You will have account history, transfer funds, pay bills, and on and on. This has been a goal of ours for awhile and we can't wait to release it to our customers. Look for more updates in coming weeks...
- SECURITY NOTICE (HEARTBLEED)
Earlier this week, security experts across the globe were made aware of a vulnerability within a software program that secures thousands of Internet sites. The bug, known as Heartbleed, is thought to impact potentially 500,000 servers. Heartbleed is not a virus, it is a software defect found in widely-used security software. Companies across the globe are working diligently to update their systems to protect against this flaw.
*Please note that all First National Bank of Odon computers have been scanned and updated to protect against Heartbleed.*
Security experts highly recommend that consumers:
1. Verify their financial institution websites have been updated to protect against Heartbleed (FNBOdon’s website is protected)
2. Once the financial institution has verified they are protected, consumers should update their online banking passwords
3. Update all email passwords for gmail or yahoo email service.
It is also important to note that not all online sites are vulnerable. Many major companies are reporting their sites were never vulnerable to Heartbleed. For an updated list of the top 100 websites that are, and are not, impacted by Heartbleed please click here.
As always, the First National Bank of Odon strongly encourages customers to regularly monitor all their financial accounts for any unauthorized activity. Our online banking and 24hour Anytime access are excellent ways to receive up-to-the-minute account information, including text and email alerts.
For more information on the Heartbleed bug, please read this CNET article.
- Do you receive paper federal benefit checks? You are required by law to switch from paper checks to electronic payments for your federal benefits by March 1, 2013. Time is running out. Switch to direct deposit today. Visit any of our branches, call (800) 333-1795 or visit www.GoDirect.org.
- FNBO Fee Schedule - We have made changes to our Standard Fee Schedule Please click here to download a copy of the new schedule that will be effective on August 1, 2013. Have a great day!
- As of October 4th, 2013 our Elnora Branch located on the 426 S Odon St will be closed permanently.
- THE BANK HAS BEEN ALERTED THAT IT'S CUSTOMERS ARE RECEIVING CALLS CONCERNING THEIR MASTERCARDS ARE LOCKED. THE CALLS ARE BEING MADE AT ALL HOURS. WE WILL NOT CALL YOU AFTER BANK HOURS. DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, CREDIT CARD NUMBERS, PIN NUMBERS OR CODE FROM THE BACK OF YOUR CARD TO ANYONE CALLING YOU. THEY ARE ASKING YOU TO ENTER YOUR 16 DIGIT CARD NUMBER. IF YOU ARE IN DOUBT AS TO WHETHER THE CALL IS LEGITIMATE, CONFIRM IT WITH THE BANK BEFORE GIVING OUT ANY INFORMATION.
Bauer Financial Five Star Rating
The First National Bank of Odon has been given a Five Star Rating by Bauer Financial. Bauer Financial has been analyzing and rating banks and credit unions since 1983. Their ratings are based on the performance of the individual bank or credit union. For more information about Bauer Financial's ratings, click here.
*The hypertext links or pointers displayed on this site are for the convenience of our customers and go to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. Hyperlinks to other Internet resources are to be used by you at your own risk.